Since starting to make Electrocorders back in 1994, the reliability of our products has been exceptional with a return for repair rate of less than 1%. As a result we are now introducing a Lifetime Warranty on all our products in order to demonstrate our confidence in the product range.
Lifetime is defined as seven years after Acksen Ltd discontinues manufacturing the product, but the warranty period shall be at least ten years from date of purchase. *(Lifetime Warranty applies to products manufactured after December 2012). The warranty does not cover manuals, fuses, disposable batteries, damage from neglect, misuse, contamination, alteration, accident or abnormal conditions of operation or handling, including failures caused by use outside of the product’s specifications, or normal wear and tear of mechanical components. This warranty covers the original purchaser only and is not transferable. To establish original ownership proof of purchase is required and official product registration online within 45 days of purchase.
For any questions, more information or complete terms on warranty, please contact us by email or on 057 866 2162.
The following are warranty guidelines only, please refer to your product manual for detailed warranty terms or email our support centre ([email protected]). Acksen Ltd’s standard warranty policy does not cover misuse.
Lifetime Back to Base Warranty
Each Electrocorder will be free from defects in material and workmanship for its lifetime. As used herein, “lifetime” is defined as from date of purchase to seven years after Acksen Ltd discontinues manufacturing the product, but the warranty period shall be at least ten years from date of purchase. *(Lifetime Warranty applies to products manufactured after December 2012)
1) “Purchase Date” means the date of first purchase of a Product from Acksen Ltd or a Stockist.
2) “Specifications” means the performance characteristics of a Product set out from time to time Acksen’s website.
3) “Stockist” means an authorised distributor, dealer, reseller or retailer of a Product.
4) “Service Agent” means a person or company authorised by Acksen Ltd to provide Warranty service on a Product.
5) “You” means the End User and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
At its discretion, Acksen Ltd will either repair or replace your Product, if it is found on inspection by Acksen Ltd or an authorised service agent to have any such defect within the relevant warranty period.
Warranty Claim Procedure
If you wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you must do the following:
1) Contact the company from which you made the purchase;
2) Return the Product as per the returns policy, to an authorised service agent, whose location will be advised by Acksen Ltd support centre;
3) Provide a copy of your purchase receipt and the unique warranty registration number provided at time of registration, to show that this Warranty applies to your Product at the date of your claim.
You will be required to pay the cost of delivering your Product to and collecting your Product from Acksen Ltd (or an authorised representative) for Warranty service.
This Warranty applies only:
1) To a Product sold by Acksen Ltd or by an authorised stockist and
2) You have not bought the Product for resale.
This Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs in relation to your Product during the applicable warranty period stated above:
1) A Product’s serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in any way;
2) A Product has been serviced or repaired by anyone other than an authorised service agent;
3) You use a Product contrary to the technical or operating environment guidelines recommended in the Electrocorder user instructions;
4) A component part of your Product, reaches the end of its service life;
5) A Product’s malfunction or failure to perform according to Acksen Ltd specifications results from:
a) deliberate or accidental damage;
b) neglect or modification by or on behalf of an End User;
c) the use of incorrect voltage or a power surge;
Acksen Ltd will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage claimed to arise from your use of the Product. In particular (but without limitation) Acksen Ltd will not be liable for actual or expected revenue loss or for any corruption or loss of data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
In what way is the warranty limited?
1) It does not cover for example batteries, fuses, serial / USB leads
2) It does not cover abuse or usage outside of specification
3) It does not cover normal wear and tear of mechanical parts
4) It covers original user purchaser only
What does ‘Back to Base’ mean?
“Back to Base” is where you deliver your Product to and collect it for the purposes of repair from an authorised service agent.